Online Play Information for Diablo Immortal refers to aspects of the game that necessitate interaction with an online server, from multiplayer to "server tendency". This page contains information on the various features contained within online mode, both for PvE and PvP.
Diablo Immortal Open Beta Release
Diablo Immortal’s floodgates will open on June 2, at 10:00 AM PDT. This release will encompass all three platforms – PC, Android, and iOS. This equates to 1:00 PM EDT, 2:00 PM BRT, 6:00 PM BST. For the eastern regions, this is 2:00 AM for KST and finally 3:00 AM AEST, both June 3. Aussies gotta wake up real early to start slaying demons!
However, the Open Beta will not be open to all regions initially. Southeast Asian countries will have a separate release date on June 22, 2022, instead. The regions included in this separate release are Hong Kong, Indonesia, Macao, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, and Thailand. These countries will also have their own local servers to guarantee the best and smoothest experience ping-wise.
Another important thing to note is that the Open Beta characters will carry all of their progress into the full launch. All microtransactions, paragon levels, items, and more will be retained. It is good to know that there will be no character or server wipes anymore, barring any technical challenges.
Diablo Immortal Online Notes
Diablo Immortal is an MMOARPG (Massively Multiplayer Online Action Role Playing Game) and is designed to be played on mobile devices. The game is an online-only game and requires a connection to the internet during play sessions, even in Solo.
- Westmarch: Players will be able to meet with one another in Westmarch, the central hub city in Diablo Immortal.
- Multiplayer: Diablo Immortal will thrive with multiplayer features including persistent shared zones, 4-player instanced dungeons, full Guild support and social systems, and so much more.
Diablo Immortal will initially launch in 13 different regions, with up to 29 servers for the biggest ones. The divisions will be as follows: North America (West), North America (East), South America (Portuguese), South America (Spanish), Europe (English), Europe (French), Europe (German), Europe (Spanish), Europe (Italian), Europe (Polish), East Asia (Korean), East Asia (Japanese), and Oceania.
Diablo Immortal Online Information
Is there Local Co-Op for Diablo Immortal?
Diablo Immortal does not support Local Co-Op and Offline Play. Diablo Immortal is available on Mobile and PC and it can only be played Online.
Co-Op for Diablo Immortal
Team up with other Demon-Slayers as you explore the Sanctuary. Join forces as you dive deep into unimaginable dungeons, stop by social hubs such as Westmarch and interact with the local merchants and townspeople before you set off to your next adventure. Players can hop in and out of other groups in various events and activities, acquire various rewards, and team up with three other heroes as you take down Skarn’s minions.
Cross-Progression Play for Diablo Immortal
Diablo Immortal will have cross-play enabled, meaning you can continue your journey through Sanctuary seamlessly from PC to mobile. However, the game will not have it on by default: users will need to enable it on their end. The mobile version will not require players to have a Battle.net account.
Players can choose to log in as a Guest and progression will be saved on the device itself or in the Cloud services of Google or Apple. To continue their journey on PC, mobile players will need to log in to their Battle.net account and link the two together - once logged in to PC, a prompt will ask players whether they have played Diablo Immortal on mobile. If yes, it will link the two services.
Online Events for Diablo Immortal
Diablo Immortal Battlegrounds
Battlegrounds in Diablo Immortal is a timed event where a total of 16 players (8v8) compete in either Defending or Attacking the Ancient Heart. Players must reach at least Level 55 in order to queue and join which is done by talking to the Captain of the Battleground. In Battlegrounds, there is Match Making Rating System where the system places you with other players that are based on the games you've played and win rate.
Once each team is given their role of either Attacking or Defending, each party is given 60 seconds to prepare and strategize and to check the opposing team's scoreboard. The attacker's objective is to complete 3 Objectives and they must complete it within its own time limit. And as for the Defenders, they must stop the attackers from completing their objective within the time limit or by killing the Attackers for about 55 times.
- Sacred Guardians: Attackers are given 7 minutes to find three Sacred Guardians that spawn in 3 different lanes. Their task is to simply move in and attack these guardians. As for the Defending team, they must prevent the Attackers from killing the Sacred Guardians. Attackers must kill all three Sacred Guardians in order to win the round.
- Zealous Idols: Upon spawning, the attacking team must escort these idols and successfully move them to the other side of the map within 7 minutes. The more team members that are within range of the idol, the faster it moves. Defending Team, on the other hand, must stop the attackers from moving it. Attacking Team wins if they successfully move 1 Idol from point A to point B.
- Ancient Heart: The final round for Battlegrounds is the Ancient Heart. The Attacking Team is given 6 minutes to complete their objective, and that is simply to destroy the Ancient Heart. Although it is a singular target, it takes a team effort to completely destroy the objective. As for the Defending Team, they must interrupt and prevent the Attacking Team from destroying the Ancient Heart.
Upon completing the PvP event, each team will still be rewarded with Battle Points that is used on Diablo Immortal's Battle Pass. And as for completing 3 Battlegrounds, you can unlock a new one time reward per day such as:
- Scrap Material
- Experience Points
- Rare Items and a chance to acquire a Legendary Item.
PvP Mechanics for Diablo Immortal
In Diablo Immortal, some may wonder if they are free to do what they want when it comes to interacting or even fighting other players. We will be listing down various mechanics that you need to know to better understand how PvP works for Diablo Immortal:
- PvP in Diablo Immortal only occurs within certain events or areas such as the Battlegrounds, Ancient Arena, and the Rite of Exile. If you are wondering if you can go around and start to challenge or attack other players, unfortunately, that cannot be done.
- Players can use their Equipment and Skills in the open world during PvP.
- Any buffs you acquire from your party member can still be applied, granted that they are in the same 4-player group.
- In PvP, players will not have access to health potions, but instead, they can use Bandages while they are not engaged in combat.
- Participating in PvP events is a great way to acquire rewards such as Legendary Items, Gold, Glowing Shards, Upgrade/Crafting Materials, and more.
- All players Combat Rating is scaled down to 10% of the original percentage/value.
- All players Block Chance is also reduced to 20% during PvP.
- Critical Hit is adjusted to 10% against all players.
- Other Negative Status Effects' duration are reduced by 5% for all players.
- We highly recommend that you group up with your friends if you want to partake in PvP for better communication and coordination.
- Before you partake in PvP, make sure that you have a better understanding of the Strengths and Weaknesses of your character, as well as your friends who are in a party. A well-organized team always has a better chance of winning in PvP.