Factions in Diablo Immortal are part of the Clan features and multiplayer options in the game. Clans will be classified as one of three Factions, Adventurers, Shadows, and Immortals. Joining and Participating in Clan events would reward players will exclusive rewards and allow them to gain access to exclusive events. These events and advantages will be affected by your Faction. In Diablo Immortal, the idea is to join the Shadows and work your way up as a clan in order to unlock more events and eventually face the Immortals and become them for more rewards.
Factions in Diablo Immortal
What are Factions in Diablo Immortal?
Since players choose their own character's Classes, Factions are the group types that can affect or require a Clan, a multiplayer function in the game. Clans are large groups that can hold up to 100 players. An individual can choose to create or apply to an existing clan once the feature is unlocked. Once Clans are unlocked, they will appear as an icon on your menu. Any player in a clan will be classified as either an Adventurer, Shadow, or Immortal.
How do you join a Faction?
The Default Faction in the game is the Adventurers. All members of Diablo will begin in this Faction regardless if they decide to join or create a Clan or not. Players will first start out in this Faction unless you actively try to join a Dark Clan as a Shadow.
Why join a Faction?
Although, players are Adventurers by default, players can work their way towards becoming a Shadow and eventually an Immortal. Joining the Shadow and Immortal factions will grant players access to exclusive events, quests, and missions in order to gain exclusive rewards. Most people will try to join the Immortals since they reap the most exclusive rewards and have access to the most exclusive items and events. This also makes their Faction status the most difficult to attain.
What are Dark Clan Factions?
Shadows and Immortals are considered Dark Clan Factions. Unlike the regular Adventurers, becoming either of the other two would require you to be in a Dark Clan, which means first starting out as a Shadow.
Do players have to join a Faction in Diablo Immortal?
No, players do not have to actively choose a Faction. Players who wish to join or create a clan, but do not wish to participate in Faction events are immediately classified as regular Adventurers.
Are Factions Permanent?
Adventurers will remain in the same Faction until they decide to take the necessary steps to first join the Shadows. Shadow Factions will then usually work their way to become Immortals, replacing the current Immortals. This also means that the Immortal Faction must always be on guard participate in these fights in order to defend their Faction title. Losing to a Shadow Clan will replace them as Immortals, turning them back into Shadows. They must then undergo the same process and progression if they wish to become Immortals again.
Adventurers are the largest Faction in the game since players start as adventurers by default. As a regular adventurer, you can gain regular rewards and gain access to the released bounties available.
Shadows are players that have joined a Dark Clan. They have exclusive events and activities where they can eventually progress and make their way to become Immortals if they manage to win against them during the final events and battles. Players can only become shadows by joining the Shadow Lottery.
Becoming Immortals is the end goal of the Shadow Faction. They are replaced once they are defeated. There are only 300 immortals per server at a time. They have access to the point exclusive events and rewards.
Shadow Faction Overview
Joining the Shadows opens up new rewards activities, and social experiences for a given Cycle.
- Join the Shadows is a commitment for an entire Cycle. As long as the current Immortal stays in power, you will remain a Shadow.
- After joining the Shadows, you can form or join a Dark Clan. You will compete against other Dark Clans to prove you are the best, worthy of challenging the Immortals themselves.
- You will be able to raid the Vault of Immortals, a secret place of wealth just waiting to be relieved of its riches.
- As a Shadow, you will grow in personal strength as well. You will be imbued with the power to potentially overthrow the Immortals and protect Sanctuary as its true guardian.
How to join the Shadows
- Note: Must be level 43 and up and have completed Bilefen Questline
Members of the Shadows could either be recruited or invited by an existing Shadow member or must enter the Shadow Lottery.
Players have a chance to become a Shadow by entering the lottery. To do this, speak to the Mysterious Patron. The Mysterious Patron can be found at the Tavern in Westmarch. Speak to him to join the lottery and there will be a chance for you to move on to the next stage to give you a chance to prove yourself. As you speak to him, he will mention what time enrollment ends, how many open spots there are and how many adventures have signed up so far. This event happens 3 times a day at 12 pm, 6 pm, and 9 pm and it will take 1 hour before the lottery ends and the winners are drawn. If you are selected, you will receive a message in your inbox stating that you are a Shadow Lottery Winner.
"Shadow Lottery Winnter!
A dangerous but important path has been opened to you. If you still wish to join the Shadows, speak with the one you call the Mysterious Patron at the Wolf City Tavern in Westmarch. "
Return to the Mysterious Patron and select ShadowMettle.
Description: Learn about the Shadows and prove your worth.
- Find the Court of Whispers
- Impress the Path of Blood Guide
- Impress the Master Vault Raider
Path of Blood Guide
- Players will then have to prove themselves. Speak to the Path of Blood Guide, Nuon, and once again, select Shadow Mettle. Players will be taken to another room to complete the challenge. You will need to Defeat 3 attacking hordes. Clear the area and exit through the portal then speak to the guide before you leave.
Master Vault Raider
- Speak to Fyggus and Raid the Vault. Listen to his instructions and clear the Vault Objectives. Destroy Vault Guards and steal Essentia. Show Fyggus the Essentia then exit the area through the Portal.
- Return to the Mysterious Patron and he will tell you that you will face three powerful ancient champions. The objective will be to Defeat the Ancient Champions. After clearing the objectives, you can retrieve Akeba's Signet.
Return Akeba's Signet to the Mysterious Patron once you are ready to join the Shadows. An extra signet can be used to give to your friend in order to invite you will now have the option on your friend list to Invite to the Shadows. Take the pledge and click join to continue.
Your last step will be to trace the symbol. You will start off as an Initiate. Finally, select "Become a Shadow"
How to join the Immortals
In order to become immortal, a clan would need to reach one of the top 10 Dark Houses after joining the Shadow Faction, this means starting with a Dark Clan, an additional feature that can be activated at any time. The new ultimate goal will be taking down the Immortals and replacing them as immortals.
As a part of the Shadow faction, they must compete and progress through their Planning and Gathering stages. Clans must be active and participate in events and complete quests and contracts. These quests are exclusive to the Shadows along with the Path of Blood. This will allow them to Rank up. Being a part of the top 10 will allow clans to participate in the Rite of Exile & the Challenge of the Immortal.
Shadows faction must also get through the stages past Planning, Gathering till the Show down. Once the Shadow Clan makes their way to the 8v8 battles and wins the majority, they will be able to take part in the Rite of Exile.
Should the Shadow Clan win, they will be the new immortals along with two ally Shadow Clans that can join them. With 100 members per clan, this means there are up to 300 total Immortals in a server at a time.
As an immortal, the other Shadow Clan's progress continues, and their new goal is to protect their title as Immortals.
Faction Lore, Notes & Tips
- The Unspoken: Akeba, daughter of Daedessa, founded the Shadows. Though she is long departed, her spirit is with us always . Touch the Everburning Fount, and let her wisdom mark you.
- The Immortals are tasked with protecting the Sanctuary and have been given great power to do so. The Shadows are the ones making sure the Immortals never become corrupt or complacent.
- Akeba: You think you have what it takes to walk this path? You must work unseen, hidden in darkness, as I once was. Always remember we all want the same thing: the protection and safety of the Sanctuary.
- We test the Immortals. we ensure they are worthy of the power they inherited.
Cutscene: The dark burden given. And a hidden force created. One that could step up should the mightiest Immortal fail. The Shadows. Constant challenges to the would-be defenders of Sanctuary. They would test the Immortals, looking for weakness. Apathy. Led by Akeba, the Shadows would overthrow the Immortals when the time was right. But even in victory, she knew her watch had just begun. For this is an eternal cycle."